Call for applications for the conception of the Luxembourg Pavilion at the 60th Venice Art Biennale
Kultur | lx, in collaboration with the Ministry of Culture and Mudam Luxembourg, is launching a call for applications for Luxembourg’s national participation at the Venice Biennale – 60th International Exhibition of Contemporary Art.
The 60th edition will take place from 20 April to 24 November 2024. Appointed in December 2022 by the Fondazione La Biennale di Venezia, the Brazilian curator and current artistic director of the Museu de Arte de São Paulo Assis Chateaubriand – MASP, Adriano Pedrosa, will be the General Curator of the 2024 Biennale. The theme of the general exhibition is not yet known.
By supporting Luxembourg’s regular participation in the Venice Biennale, the Ministry of Culture ensures the presence of Luxembourg artists at one of the most important contemporary art events, thus contributing to the international influence of its artistic scene.
Artists applying must be of Luxembourg nationality or reside in Luxembourg. In the case of a collective of artists, at least one of the members must meet this criterion. In addition, they must have a track record of professional activity as visual artists. Artists’ collectives or artists with a multidisciplinary orientation are also invited to apply.
A single jury will follow the entire selection process. It will bring together several national and international experts:
- Adam Budak, Director, Kestner Gesellschaft Hannover
- Michelle Cotton, Head of Artistic Programming and Content Department, Mudam Luxembourg
- Hélène Doub, Head of the Visual Arts Department, Kultur | lx – Arts Council Luxembourg
- Hélène Guénin, Director, MAMAC | Musée d’Art Moderne et d’Art Contemporain de Nice
- Stilbé Schroeder, Curator, Casino Luxembourg – Forum d’art contemporain
- Bettina Steinbrügge, Director, Mudam Luxembourg, President of the Jury
- Joel Valabrega, Curator, Mudam Luxembourg
Applicants will be selected in two stages:
1. Shortlist applicants
Deadline: 26 February 2023
Shortlisted applicants notification : The week of 6 March 2023.
Deadline: 23 April 2023.
The winning project will be announced on the week of 1 May 2023.
More information HERE.