17.11.2021 #classical #contemporary
8 Luxembourgish nominations for the International Classical Music Awards 2022
The International Classical Music Awards ICMA announced the nominations for their Awards 2022, celebrating the best musicians and recordings. This year’s nominations include many renowned soloists, ensembles, conductors and orchestras as well as a lot of young musicians, many of them being first-nominees. A total of 377 audio (+12) and video productions from 129 labels (+7) have been nominated.
Hereafter discover the 8 Luxembourgish nominations :
- Cathy Krier, award-winner of the Global Project Grant 2021, is nominated in the ‘Solo instrument’ category for her recording of her integral recording of Ligeti’s Études pour piano, released on 27 August in Germany on the CAvi-music label.
- Sabine Weyer, also nominated in the category “Solo instrument” for her album Mysteries dedicated to Bacri and Miaskovsky, released in January 2021 on the ARS Produktion label.
- The Solistes Européens Luxembourg, C. König are nominated in the “Contemporary” category for their album Luxembourg Contemporary Music Vol. 1 on the Naxos label.
- Artmandoline is nominated in the “Instrumental Baroque” category for their album Italian Baroque Mandolin Sonatas consisting of masterpieces composed in Florence and Rome for mandolin and basso continuo, released in 2021 on the Deutsche Harmonia Mundi label.
- Claude Weber, Sandrine Cantoreggi, and Singer Pur in the category “Choral Music” for the CD Der Geiger von Echternach, featuring Lou Koster’s orchestral composition for seven singers, piano and violin. The album was recently released in October 2021 on the OehmsClassic label.
- The album Echoes of Autumn and Light by Kammerata Luxembourg published on the Toccata Next label is nominated in the “Assorted Programs” category.
- Alena Baeva is nominated in the Concertos category for her recording of Beethoven’s Concerto for Violin and Orchestra in D major op.61 with the Orchestre National d’Auvergne conducted by Roberto Forés Veses.
- The Orchestre Philharmonique du Luxembourg is nominated in the “Contemporary” category for its album recorded with Patricia Kopatchinskaja on Pentatone, including Francisco Coll’s Violin Concerto, composed especially for the violinist.
The finalists will be known by 14 December. The winners of the prestigious ICMA Awards will be revealed on 20 January 2022. The Award Ceremony and Gala concert will take place at the Philharmonie in Luxembourg on 21 April 2022.