Kultur | lx launch a call for applications to represent Luxembourg at the 2023 Venice Architecture Biennale.
The Venice Architecture Biennale is the world’s largest cultural event for architecture. The aim of this international event is to give the world an overview as comprehensive as possible of the themes and projects capable of addressing the future’s scenarios in the fields of architecture, urbanism, the city and our ever-changing society.
The 18th edition will take place from 20 May to 26 November 2023. Nominated in December 2021 by the Fondazione la Biennale di Venezia, Lesley Lokko, architect and woman of letters will be the Chief Curator of the Biennale 2023.
Kultur | lx, in collaboration with Ministry of Culture and LUCA Luxembourg Center for Architecture, launch a call for applications to represent Luxembourg at the 2023 Venice Architecture Biennale.
The call is aimed at multidisciplinary curatorial teams including at least one Luxembourg architect, living in Luxembourg or able to demonstrate a cultural integration in the Grand Duchy. The teams may include all professions useful for the reflection, production and mediation of this pavilion. For example, artists, architects, urban planners, landscape architects, researchers, critics, curators, writers, philosophers, etc. can be part of the team. In addition, the teams may call on the services of third parties.
The jury is made up of the following professionals:
– Michelle Friederici, President of Ordre des Architectes et des Ingénieurs conseils Luxembourg
– Cécile Fries, Architect, sociologist and lecturer at école nationale supérieure d’architecture, Nancy
– Claudine Hemmer, Visual Arts and Architecture Advisor, ministry of Culture Luxembourg
– Nikolaus Hirsch, Artistic director of CIVA – Architect, landscape and urban culture, Bruxelles
– Sara Noel Costa de Araujo – Studio SNCDA, Architect and curator of Luxembourg Pavilion 2021
– Guittou Miller, representing LUCA
– Hélène Doub, representing Kultur | lx
The selection will be carried out in two sessions:
First session: April 26, 2022: publication of the call for applications
May 25, 2022: deadline for submission of preliminary projects
Second session: June 2nd, 2022 at the latest: publication of the names of the shortlisted three teams selected for the second session
July 14, 2022 : deadline for submission of detailed projects
Paid submission of € 1,500
Announcement of the laureate: July 22, 2022
Official opening: mid-may 2023
The call for applications is detailed HERE