February 07, 08, 09, 10, 2022 from 09:00 to 14:00
How to internationalise your project:
Markets and strategies in the performing arts
Dates: from February 07 to 10, 2022
Time: 09:00 – 14:00
Venue: Rotondes – Studio 1
You dream to catapult your project or project idea into an international future?
In this workshop we will study your project to define together the importance of its presence on specific international markets and help you to develop a long-term strategy thanks to an analysis of the environments in different countries of the world and a mapping of festivals and visibility spots.
Kultur | lx is thrilled to welcome Iva Horvat from Art Republic for our first ever performing arts focused workshop.
This hands-on workshop is directed to Professionals working in the performing arts (directors, choreographers, producers, managers and other professionals). You will have ample space to discuss your specific project with an experienced trainer and other participants, fine-tune your strategy and present it to other professionals.
What should you expect to learn about?
- Study the project and define the importance of its presence on a specific international market.
- Development of long-term strategy with the artist and the project.
- Analysis of the environments in different countries of the world.
- Mapping of festivals and visibility spots for the project.
- Application of methods and tools to put in practice a strategy in specific space and time.
- Communication: How? When? And what for?
- Values and principles to elaborate a profile in an environment.
Rotondes – Studio 1
3, Place des Rotondes
Professionals working in the performing arts (directors, choreographers, producers, managers and other professionals), Luxembourg nationals or resident in Luxembourg
- Participation upon registration and submission of a compulsory online file.
- The workshop will be conducted in English. Please submit your application exclusively in English.
- Deadline for applications: 04.02.2022
- Candidates must be available for all sessions
Registration and the workshop are free for participants. The costs of the workshop are covered by Kultur | lx.
Online subscription before February 1st, 2022 HERE
About the trainer
Iva Horvat is university professor of Kinesiology, dancer, choreographer and stage director in dance and theatre.
Art Republic is the agency for strategies and mobility in performing arts, that she founded and runs together with Elise Garriga.
Mentor and professor in management and distribution. Fellow professor at HKU, Hogeschool voor de Kunsten Utrecht. Leading mentor in Producers Development Programme Grand Theatre Groningen.
“How to internationalise your project-landscapes and strategies in the performing arts” is workshop she shared in Santiago a Mil (Chile), Santiago Off (Chile), Dramatic Arts Center (Iran), Institut del Teatre (Spain), HKU (Holland), Glej Theatre (Slovenia), Danseu Festival (Spain), Scena Europa (Italy), COPRODAC (Mexico), Dferia (Spain) ArteCale (Spain), MIT (Brasil), Athens and Epidaurus Festival (Greece), FITEI (Portugal), IETM (Portugal), IETM (Ukraine), Cena Contemporanea (Brasil), CAMBIO festival (Brasil), Porto Alegre em Cena (Brasil), TEMPO festival (Brasil), FIAC (Brasil), SIN Cultural Centre & MU Theatre (Hungary), Teatros del Canal (Spain), Kunstenfestivaldesarts CIFAS (Belgium), Grand Theatre Groningen (Holland), Nau Ivanov ( Spain), Teatro Abadía Madrid ( Spain).