Kultur | lx makes information and resources available to industry professionals and the general public, so that they can find out more about the organisation and what it does.
Project Manager for Biennales, Festivals and Fairs (Visual Arts, Architecture, Design and Crafts) – Permanent Contract (40 hours/week)
About Kultur | lx
Kultur | lx – Arts Council Luxembourg is a public body that supports the development and promotion of art and culture from Luxembourg at international level. It seeks to help creatives develop professional skills and also facilitates exchanges between professionals in Luxembourg and other countries. Kultur | lx has the following missions:
- Contribute to policies that foster creative work aimed at increasing and further raising the profile of Luxemburgish artists both in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and abroad;
- Encourage and support creative work and develop the culture sector, for example through commissions, agreements, subsidies, financial support, grants and awards;
- Provide career development support for artists and creatives;
- Boost the impact and promotion of creative work in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg;
- Promote creative work abroad in cooperation with Luxembourg’s diplomatic and consular network;
- Manage and follow-up works receiving one or more types of support.
Reporting to the Kultur | lx Directors and in close cooperation with the Head of Visual Arts Department, the Project Manager will be responsible for the following tasks, amongst others:
- Managing and coordinating logistics for the Venice Art and Architecture Biennales and other events;
- Coordinating the various project phases and ensuring deadlines are respected;
- Organising logistics for events, including managing suppliers, venues, equipment, and service providers;
- Following up allocated budgets and using financial resources efficiently and in a responsible manner;
- Data entry, data management and updating of databases;
- Collecting and preparing data and information, reports, files and statistics;
- Any other tasks requested by the Employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in event management, cultural project management, cultural administration or cultural cooperation;
- Early career experience in event organisation and/or management at national or international level OR early career experience in a similar post;
- Experience in managing projects involving several partners and production approaches.
- Knowledge of the current art and architecture sector;
- Proficient use of the main software packages;
- Knowledge of the legal context and management contracts;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Good writing skills;
- Ability to read, speak and write in French and English. German, Luxembourgish and Italian would be an asset.
- Good coordination, organisation and prioritisation skills with an attention for detail;
- Creative and adaptable;
- Available, flexible, responsive;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to respect budgets;
- Ability to work independently and in coordination with a multidisciplinary team;
- Flexible and able to adapt to a dynamic working environment.
Start date: February 2024 (TBC)
Deadline for applications: 31 December 2023
The position is based in Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg.
Applications including a cover letter, CV, and proof of the required qualifications (certificates, diplomas) should be sent to:
Kultur | lx – Arts Council Luxembourg
for the attention of Mr Jo Kox, President
5-7, rue de l‘Alzette
Tel: +352 26 26 21 21 – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org