- Freelance artists (choreographers);
- Non-profit associations (a.s.b.l.) (dance companies);
- Luxembourg nationality or resident/based in Luxembourg.
Call for applications for choreographers to participate in the Internationale tanzmesse nrw 2024 (Call closed)
In the run-up to Internationale tanzmesse nrw – due to be held in Düsseldorf. From 28 to 31 August 2024 – Kultur | lx and TROIS C-L have teamed through the « Dance from Luxembourg » programme to launch a call for applications from choreographers based in Luxembourg who would like to take part in the event.
After attending internationale tanzmesse nrw several times, « Dance from Luxembourg » is keen to include a new generation of choreographers in this major contemporary dance event in Europe next year.
Created in 1994, Internationale tanzmesse (ITM) takes place every two years in Düsseldorf. The international dance platform is an unmissable event for international contemporary dance professionals and a unique meeting place for choreographers, dancers, producers and programmers. The event also offers artists and companies selected from across the world the chance to present their work.
Performing arts (dance)
Applications must be submitted by 23.59 CET on Friday 25 August 2023.
Applications must include:
- Covering letter;
- Summary document outlining a distribution strategy before and after the event;
- Copy of an identity document;
- Short CV;
- Video of creations;
- Presentation of the product that will be proposed for the Internationale tanzmesse nrw official programme :
- Categories performances (https://www.tanzmesse.com/en/programme/2024/performances/);
- Categories open studio (https://www.tanzmesse.com/en/programme/2024/open-studios/);
- Categories pitching (https://www.tanzmesse.com/en/programme/2024/pitchings/).
Incomplete applications shall not be considered.
A jury composed of several national experts from Luxembourg will select 4 choreographers and/or companies on the sole basis of the applications submitted.
The jury’s decision shall be announced on Friday 1st September, 2023.
The jury’s decision shall be final.
- Demonstrate a clear connection with choreography in Luxembourg;
- Have participated in the « Dance from Luxembourg » programme a maximum of two times;
- Ability to present an international development strategy.
- Availability from 29 to 31 August 2024 to attend Internationale tanzmesse nrw in Düsseldorf;
- Active contribution to preparations for Internationale tanzmesse nrw in Düsseldorf before, during and after the event;
- Agree to submit an application to Internationale tanzmesse nrw to present a performance, open studio or pitch as part of the official programme.
- Cover travel, accomodation and per diem costs for the choreographer and one member of their team (production, distribution, administration or communications manager) for the duration of Internationale tanzmesse nrw;
- Provide support before, during and after Internationale tanzmesse nrw.