The selection will be carried out in two sessions:
The first session will focus on the preliminary brief projects. The application deadline for the first session is midnight on December 17, 2023 and applications must be submitted through the website https://support.kulturlx.lu/en
The second session will focus on the detailed projects. The application deadline for the second session is 6:00 P.M on March 15, 2024.
The project for the Luxembourg Pavilion will be chosen by a jury comprising:
- Maribel Casas, Scientific Director, luca – Luxembourg Center for Architecture;
- Michelle Friederici, President, Ordre des Architectes et des Ingénieurs conseils Luxembourg;
- Claudine Hemmer, Visual Arts and Architecture Advisor, Ministry of Culture Luxembourg;
- Marija Marić /Francelle Cane, Curators of the Luxembourg Pavilion 2023;
- Eléonore Mialonier, Project Manager Architecture/Design/Crafts, Kultur | lx – Arts Council Luxembourg;
- Marion Waller, General Director, Pavillon de l’Arsenal, Paris;
- Nemanja Zimonjić, Director, Ten Studio, Zürich.
Constitution of application files:
- First session:
Deadline: December 17, 2023
The application must include the following components:
- References and portfolios of the team members (portfolio + CV);
- Presentation of the concept/project proposal of a maximum of 2 A4 pages written either in French, German or English indicating its challenges and implications and the form it could take;
- A preliminary budget estimation.
The jury will convene between Januray 8 and 12 to shortlist a maximum of three applicants, who will then be invited to further develop their projects and present them in front of the jury during the second session. The announcement of the shortlisted projects will be made by January 19.
- Second session:
Deadline: March 15, 2024 at 06 :00 pm at the latest
For the second session, the 3 shortlisted candidates must submit:
- A title for their project;
- The detailed project including all relevant visual elements such as layout plans, photos, videos, etc.;
- A detailed budget forecast specifying the costs of the primary expenditures;
- A set and detailed timetable fitting the deadlines that will be sent over to the selected candidates after the first session;
- A format for a possible adaptation of the project in a second venue.
Physical files (models, boards, etc.) must be sent / brought to Kultur | lx – Arts Council Luxembourg / 5-7 rue de l’Alzette, L-4011 Esch-sur-Alzette) by March 15 from 10:00 am to 06:00 pm at the latest.
The jury’s deliberation for the second session will take place between March 17 and 20. Applicants will be invited to present their project in the presence of the jury.
The jury will submit its proposal for a winning project to the Minister of Culture
Please note that the jury’s decision is considered final.
The announcement of the winning team will be disclosed on March 27, 2024.
Selected applicants for the second session will receive an allowance of € 1,500 for the preparation of their applications for the project’s finalisation for the second session. For the selected team, this lump sum is to be considered a down payment. The names of the three shortlisted projects will be published.
|Relevance of the theme in relation to a contemporary architectural discourse
|Singularity and artistic relevance of the project
|Feasibility of the project
|Contribution to Luxembourg’s architectural discourse and to its influence
|Anchoring in the cultural landscape of Luxembourg
|Professional experience of the project leader in exhibition construction and production
|Quality of the presentation of the application (argumentation, clarity, readability)
|Identification of the expected impacts of the project
|Target audience identification
|Sustainability of the project (including the environmental, social and economic aspects at every stage of its development).
|TOTAL / 100